top of page
DSC00984_edited.jpg

The men of the armoured car detachment of the Helsinki Civil Guard in a joint photo

The Helsinki Civil Guard was established at the Citizens' Assembly on 10.11.1918. At first, a couple of regiments of infantry, an Old Boys regiment and a number of separate companies were formed. Already at that time, cavalry, artillery, signal and armoured car detachments also began.

Pictured 7. E.J. Nordman from left and Y.F. von Schantz from 12. left. Photo courtesy of the Finnish Heritage Agency (Museoviratso) via finna.fi and used with CC BY 4.0.

bottom of page